The high-rise office built in 1973 at 100 Light Street in Baltimore, Maryland stands at 528 feet/161 meters, containing 40 floors. The building was renamed the Transamerica Tower in November 2011 after it was purchased by Transamerica which moved there from its nationally-known former headquarters in San Francisco. COPT purchased the 100 Light Street property in the 3rd Quarter of 2015.
HVAC Concepts designed and installed a new Energy Management System (EMS) and provides real-time remote monitoring and alarm management services.
Project Details: 100 Light Street
- Full EMS retrofit
- First IP-based Distech EMS using N4 front-end utilizing full fiber backbone
- Integrated new Distech ECY-1000 series, ECY-VAV, and ECY-300 series controllers
- Full Plant retrofit – 4 centrifugal chillers, 2 BAC towers and city steam supply source
- 23 AHUs
- 255 IP ECY-VAV’s
- Perimeter base board heater controls
- 9 steam domestic hot water converters
- Garage exhaust venting
- Lighting control
- Utilizing real-time monitoring of energy to decide most energy efficient way to run new chillers and VFD pumps